Friday, February 11, 2011

Rediscovering some artists.

Sorry for being not able to post lately. My monitor broke down. -.- And I waited weeks for it be repaired but ending up not able to grab hold of some parts for it. Ended up buying a new monitor instead.

Here's some photos:

My CPU + amplifier.


My old monitor and messy desk.

And now my new monitor.


Enough of the PC stuff.


Well, while I've been out of action, I've been listening alot to my iPod every night and I re-discovered some of my fave artists.

Have you ever heard of a music genre called Math Rock?
I'll give you an example.


Here's me covering one of their tracks.


I rediscovered Yuna Ito too. <3




And Ikimono Gakari.

Pardon for the anime images. I can't find any decent copy on YouTube.




That's all for now! Hope you enjoy some quality music. :D

-mikan

6 comments:

  1. wow, the first vid is really something. something reminiscent of Up Dharma Down, Damiera and what post-hardcore-progressive bands would do live on a soundcheck. (sometimes I wish they only do their "soundcheck thing" all throughout their set LOL) anyways, awesome cover! *applause*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Really, they are something. Too bad it's hard for that kind of genre to break into the mainstream music. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I think that goes along with the "experimental" genre and I think they're better off in the underground scene. :) just imagine Justin Bieber fangirls cheering them on. Honestly, the international mainstream music scene nowadays is just meh. IMO at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you. Though there are some select artists out there than can produce what we MUSIC, like John Mayer, Jason Mraz, etc. etc.

    And I can't even imagine fangirls screaming out for Toe. LMAO :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like Yuna Ito's "i dont wanna miss a thing" :3

    and thx for posting an entry =Dp been "busy" these past few feeks so i haven' written anything ~_~

    ReplyDelete