Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bass GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

Random thoughts...

I've seen one local oldies band (around their 60's) perform in one of the pubs here in UK around 3-4yrs ago. It happened that their guitarist used a White Falcon guitar, I was mesmerized by such a beautiful work of art.

A few years after, I was able to watch the anime Beck and by coincicdence the main character, Koyuki, used a White Falcon aswell in his early days. And that made me a White Falcon fan. <3


Moving forward 1 year after watching Beck, I discovered SCANDAL. Been a loyal fan since then. I always liked Mami's guitar choices, especially with that black custom stratocaster and double cut-away Les Paul she had before. But my favourite is her recent buy, White Falcon. OMG. <3 White Falcon all the way. \m/


Now this morning, while I was randomly checking the forums I'm lurking, I saw this thread in one of the bass forums I'm in named "For sale Grestch Bass €3950 second hand mint condition", and I was immediately coverting it to £ in my head while cliking on the thread. To my surprise I saw a White Falcon bass. *dies* I'm lost for words when I saw it. It's so pretty. <3 I can honestly say right now that I would love to trade my Musicman StingRay + Fender 70's Jazz bass for that one.

Here's some photos of it:




Gah.... so pretty~ Makes me want to buy one.

-Mikan

1 comment:

  1. wow.. really looks like White Falcon, particularly cool and elegant at that.. well, i'm not sure really but you wouldn't want to have your MM StingRay and Fender 70's traded for this. I've tried a couple of semi-hollow bass guitars and you can't really do much with them..

    But if you ask me I'd rather have all three.. GREED :)

    you have an MM StingRay? urayamashii~ XD

    ReplyDelete